Our experienced team of clinician’s believe all women should receive specialist care for their pelvic health to ensure quality of life now, and in the future. We know through research that certain women will be at increased risk of pelvic conditions, such as athletes and those having children, but we want to be here to help everyone including you.
We also want to help you understand that women’s health physio is not just for pregnancy and postnatal related conditions but can include:
- Bladder and bowel problems such as incontinence and constipation
- Coccyx pain (Coccydynia)
- Pelvic pain
- Pelvic floor dysfunction: including overactive and underactive
- Sexual dysfunction including reduced awareness or pain
- Post-surgical problems: including hysterectomy and prolapse repair
- Osteoporosis and osteopenia
- Radiotherapy induced pelvic pain or dysfunction
What can you expect from your appointment?
Your treatment with us will include:
- Full assessment of your problem. If you are postnatal we can also investigate in detail the impact your pregnancy and labour has had on the pelvic floor and abdominal muscles. For all, if appropriate, this will also include an internal examination.
- Rehabilitation of all muscles including the pelvic floor and abdominals to help optimise recovery following surgery, treatment or pain. This will address function, strength and flexibility as well as bone health.
- Guidance for safe exercise as well as those which will be specific to you.
- Communication with your Personal Trainer, clinical Pilates instructor or anyone else involved in your return to activity or healthcare.