Our experienced team of clinician’s believe all men should receive specialist care for their pelvic health to ensure quality of life now, and in the future. Male specific concerns can arise in youth, present during sporting activity or in older age but are also very common following surgery. Unfortunately, we know that men’s health is often overlooked. This is partly due to reduced awareness in the media but also due to the stigma surrounding these injuries. However, we also know that you do not have to live with a lot of the problems and pain!
We want to help you understand that men’s health physio can be for anything, is not just for older men and can include:
- Bladder and bowel problems such as incontinence and constipation
- Pain on passing urine
- Coccyx pain (Coccydynia)
- Abdominal pain
- Pain around the back and rectum
- Pelvic pain, both acute and chronic
- Pelvic floor dysfunction: including overactive and underactive
- Erectile dysfunction
- Burning sensation in the the penis
- Post-surgical problems: including hysterectomy and prolapse repair
- Testicular pain
- Rehab after prostatectomy
- Radiotherapy induced pelvic pain or dysfunction
Your treatment with us will include:
- Full assessment of your problem as well as you as a whole. If appropriate, and with consent, this can also include an internal examination.
- Rehabilitation of all muscles including the pelvic floor and abdominals to help optimise recovery following surgery, treatment or pain. This will address function, strength and flexibility.
- Guidance for safe exercise as well as those which will be specific to you.
- Communication with your Personal Trainer, clinical Pilates instructor or anyone else involved in your return to activity or healthcare.